Department Resources


Keys are issued to faculty, staff, and graduate students. To obtain a key, please complete the Key Form Request and return it to PSF 470. Keys will be in your possession within two business days. 



Access is issued to faculty, staff, and students. To obtain access, please complete Isaac Request form. Access will take two business days. 


Please complete forms in their entirety. Failure to follow directions will delay request.  

Physics HR is here to assist you with your HR needs related to payroll, benefits, leaves (sabbatical, medical and personal), retirement, leave and time reporting and hiring. 

  • We can assist with all hiring for your Sponsored Grants and Research Accounts such as hiring Graduate Research Assistants/Associates, Student Workers (hourly), Postdocs, and Academic Professionals.
  • We also assist with hiring Teaching Assistants/Associates, Graders, University Staff and PRN (as needed) employees.
  • HR is your liaison with the International Students and Scholars Office regarding the processing of J1 and H1B requests as well as the process to obtain a green card.
  • Offer letters are considered contracts and can only be generated out of the Physics HR office. 
  • Before making any offers (verbal or written), please consult with HR Specialist, Melinda Hernandez. 

Additional Information 


To place an order please follow the steps below

1. Submit a Purchase requisition form 

2. For all purchasing requests, please fill out the Physics Purchase Request Form (REQ) and submit to the Business Office. The completed REQ form may be delivered to the Business Office in person or via- email:

3. Please fill out the REQ form completely.  You must provide an account number that will be used for the purchase. Please verify that your account will have sufficient funds.

4. All REQ forms must be signed by the Faculty member that is approving the order.

5. Have additional questions, please review the purchasing procedure manual. 


Vendors: If you are using a new vendor that is not currently in our system, please provide us with as much information about the vendor as you can (name, address, phone, fax, website).


What items do we need for reimbursement?

  1. Reimbursement Form
  2. Business Meals Form
  3. Itemized Receipt(s) along with the paid receipt(s)

Important notes:

  • Alcohol will not be reimbursed and should not be on the receipt submitted for reimbursement.
  • Gratuity is not, under any conditions, to exceed 20 percent.
  • Those attending a lunch or dinner anticipating reimbursement must be ASU personnel or have a business-related justification for attending the event.
  • All food and beverage must be submitted on an itemized receipt from the restaurant along with the paid receipt for proper reimbursement. It is the responsibility of the party seeking reimbursement to obtain the proper receipts from the restaurant.
  • All reimbursements must be completed within 10 days of purchase date.
  • All items listed above must be submitted to the Department of Physics Business office, PSF 424, within the time frame stated above.

There will be no exceptions to any of the policies and procedures above.

Failure to follow any of the policies and procedures stated above may result in the reimbursement not being processed.

Restricted Purchases 

Restricted purchases are not eligible for reimbursement and may not be purchased with personal funds.

  • Computers 
  • Laptops 
  • Tables and like equipment 
Travel authorization  must be submitted through My ASU TRIP  and approved prior to leaving for your trip. This policy applies to all faculty, staff, and students. This is extremely important for insurance purposes, even if you are not going to be claiming any expenses for a reimbursement. 

Physics staff who oversee the travel process and can help with requests include. 

Sheryl Quenzer-

Deborah Denson -


My ASU Trip is available for faculty, staff, and students traveling around the world.My ASU TRIP, created in conjunction with Concur Technologies, Inc., is an end-to-end travel system, allowing you to create trip requests, book travel and submit expense reports, all of which are routed to your designated account signer and Authorizing Travel Official (ATO). Then, your claim will be delivered to the ASU Travel Service Center for final review and approval. Please visit the website for processes and helpful guides.